Frequently Asked Question
How do I move a package from one server to another?
Last Updated 7 years ago
The instructions below are the steps that you need to follow to migrate a purchase from one server to another. These instructions assume your existing server is still fully operational.
OLD SERVER: UNINSTALL THE OLD PACKAGE(S)
- Login to the admin user web interface.
- Review installed software (Software Updates-> Installed Software)
- Uninstall the module(s) that are part of the item you want to unlink.
OLD SERVER: UPDATE NEWLINQ AND UNLINK
- Update newlinq: Software Updates -> Third Party Software -> Check Availability Now
- Unlink: Software Updates -> NewLinQ -> Unlink A Package
- Select the item to unlink
NOTE: If you cannot see an item to unlink, there may be more item(s) to uninstall that are part of the package bundle... Uninstall more packages and try again.
Once you have followed these instructions, install the package on your new server using the standard newlinq install procedure.